Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 11 073 668 596 ("Renault") and Renault
Financial Services ("RFS") which is a registered business name
of Nissan Financial Services Australia Pty Ltd ABN 70 130 046 794,
Australian Credit Licence Number 391464. The page lets you know what
personal information of yours we hold, what we do with it, who we will
disclose it to and how you can access the personal information we
hold about you. You can also find out here how to change inaccurate
personal information and how to opt out of receiving communications from us.
Renault and RFS respect and uphold your rights under the Australian
Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
What personal information about you do Renault and RFS collect and hold?
Renault and RFS may collect and hold the following information about you:
- name(s), address, email address, telephone number(s);
- date of birth;
- vehicle purchase date;
- vehicle details;
- name of selling dealer;
- any additional information you provide, such as when you contact
our Customer Relations Department, log in to our website, or call us
for roadside assistance – such additional information may
include details of enquiries and complaints and of servicing and warranty needs;
- any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
- any other personal information which Renault or RFS is required to collect for identification and verification purposes;
- any additional information provided in a consumer or commercial credit application you make.
How do Renault and RFS collect and hold your personal information?
Renault and RFS will generally collect your personal information
directly from you and through its Renault Dealers to whom you have
provided your personal information. Renault and RFS may also collect
personal information that you provide via our website and on social
media, from competition entries, promotional events, from lists that
we may acquire from organisations who have your personal information
and to whom you have provided consent to pass on such information,
from regulatory authorities, from Renault’s related bodies corporate
and from our service providers (such as Roadside Assist and market
researchers). Renault and RFS hold your personal information on the
secure servers of Renault and its related bodies corporate located within Australia.
What do Renault and RFS do with your personal information (apart from your consumer credit information)?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- direct marketing communications (via telephone, mobile, fax, email, direct mail or by targeted advertising on websites and social media platforms) by Renault and its dealers;
- market research and product development;
- customer service requirements (including dealing with complaints);
- fulfilling our ongoing obligations (including warranty, recall and roadside assistance) to you as the owner/driver of a vehicle we have imported and distributed;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- customer service requirements and product development purposes;
- any other purposes you have consented to; or
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
RFS will only use your consumer credit information:
- to assess your application for consumer credit;
- deciding whether to offer you additional credit or to renew credit;
- for purposes directly related to the internal management of your loan or the provision of credit;
- in accordance with the consents and authorities you give us in your consumer credit application.
Your commercial credit information will be used in the same way
as your other personal information except that it will not be used
to assess an application by you for consumer credit without your prior consent.
Who will Renault disclose your personal information to?
Renault and RFS may disclose your personal information (other than your consumer credit information):
- to each other or related companies;
- to the advisors, consultants and contractors we ordinarily engage for the above purposes (such as mailing houses, market researchers, insurers, printers, lawyers, accountants and other service providers);
- to one or more of our dealers for the same purposes as set out above and only in connection with the Renault dealership franchise or for the dealer’s own direct marketing purposes;
- any other person or entity to whom you have consented to Renault and/or RFS disclosing your personal information; and
- any disclosure which is required or authorised by law, including to AUSTRAC in respect of any suspicious or threshold transactions or activities.
- If you have applied for credit from RFS, Renault and RFS may disclose your consumer credit information:
- a. to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining a credit report about you and/or to allow the credit reporting agency to maintain a credit information file containing information about you;
- b. to a debt collection agency;
- c. with your consent, to other credit providers for the purpose of assessing your application for credit; or
- d. with your consent, to guarantors if a credit arrangement is guaranteed.
Your personal information may be provided to the vehicle manufacturer in France.
Where your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, we will
only do so if we reasonably believe they are subject to laws that protect your
personal information in the same or substantially the same way as the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will also take adequate measures to ensure that the personal information is
handled by the overseas recipient in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and our instructions for the purpose described above.
RFS will only disclose your consumer credit report information to
outside persons as permitted by the Privacy Act. Your consumer credit
report information will only be disclosed to our Dealers and other third
parties with your prior consent.
Your credit information will not be disclosed to a credit reporting agency for the purposes of assessing an application by you for consumer credit without your prior consent.
Renault and RFS will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold.
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information)
we hold about you by contacting the Customer Service Delivery Manager at the address
below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to
provide you with a suitable range of choices (including direction to a credit reporting agency)
as to how access is provided (eg, emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is
incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it
and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Questions and complaints
we have at any time failed to keep one of our commitments to you to
handle your personal information in the manner required by the Privacy
Act, then we ask that you contact us immediately using the following contact details:
Manager Customer Service
Australia Pty. Ltd.
Locked Bag 2001
Phone: 1800 009 008
Fax: (03) 9797 4303
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint.
If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will
advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response.
If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a
reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Officer
of Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and
pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas
(including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620
241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service:
131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your
second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office
of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Marketing and Opting out
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances
where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would
be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to
time with marketing material about our other products or services, and
those of our related entities. We may also share your personal information
with our related entities and our dealer network, so that they can provide
you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
At any time you may opt out of receiving this material by contacting us
on 1800 009 008 or by email on email@example.com Your
consent to receive this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
In general you can visit the Renault website without telling us who you are.
The amount of information that you provide to Renault will depend on the range
and number of services that you choose to use. Particular sections of the Renault
website may require you to provide Renault with personal information, such as your
name and email address. We will only ask you to provide personal information that
is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law to collect the information.
Renault Australia uses Google advertising programs that place cookies
on your computer to collect information about your browsing history
(including on external websites). This information, which does not
identify you personally, is collected in order to improve your online
experience by customising the advertising you see to your interests
(including the display of more relevant ads on external websites).
You can opt out of these programs at any time by clicking here.
By using the Renault website you agree that the internet is not completely
secure and that accordingly we can only use our best endeavours to secure
your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance
regarding security of personal information. Other than liability that
cannot lawfully be excluded, Renault and RFS will not be liable in any
way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
In this policy "personal information" has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
This policy is effective from 7th March 2014. We may change this
policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this Privacy
Policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Renault and RFS in
any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable
to act outside the policy. Renault and RFS may do so, subject only to
any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory
rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
Renault Pulse App – Powered by Passion © 2014 Renault Australia
Not a Medical Advice
This application is designed strictly for entertainment purposes only. It is not intended for use as a medical device nor should it be considered a medical test. This application does not contain or provide medical advice or opinion and it is not intended as a replacement for proper healthcare diagnosis by a trained professional. You understand and agree that Renault takes no responsibility for results, accuracy of results, outcomes, heart rate responses or medical implications for the user.
Disclosure of information and third parties
This application includes links to third parties and features that permit you to share content, including your personal information, via social networks and email. You agree that any information you chose to disclose, share, upload or distribute by means of these features and third parties becomes public information and that you are responsible for any content or personal information you share. You represent and warrant that you shall not use this application to upload, post or distribute any objectionable or obscene content.
Internet connectivity is necessary for use of the Pulse App, collection of analytics and features such as sharing to FaceBook, Twitter and Email. Cellular data charges may apply.