Thanks to a renewed range, new product launches and improvements to its international business activities, Groupe Renault continues to set a cracking pace around the world, with 1.88 million vehicles sold in the first half of 2017, a 10.4% increase in a market that grew just 2.6%.
The entire Group (Renault, Dacia, Lada and Renault Samsung Motors) posted increases in sales volumes and market share in each Region, with particular success in the Africa-Middle East-India Region and the Asia-Pacific Region.
Here are just some of the highlights of the year to date:
In the Asia-Pacific Region, registrations increased by a massive 50.5% in a market up just 3.6%.
- Autralia was the first market to launch the New Koleos globally, and has since shown a 187% increase in sales for the new SUV.
- In China, Renault sold nearly 36,000 vehicles (compared with 9,771 in the first-half of 2016),
of which 21,000 were the New Koleos.
- In South Korea, (a market that shrank by 4.2%), Renault Samsung Motors posted a 12.5% increase.
In Europe, group registrations continued to grow faster than the market.
- Renault alone grew by 4.3%, with Clio 4 the second bestselling vehicle in Europe and Captur the number one crossover in its category.
- The popularity of electric vehicles (and Renault’s leadership in the category) also continues to grow. Renault maintained its lead in the sector with a market share of 26.8%, a 34% increase in sales and a 44% increase in registrations of ZOE, Europe's topselling electric vehicle.
In 2017, the global market is expected to see growth of around 1.5%- 2.5%. The European market is still expected to grow 2% over the period and the French market is expected to expand by 2%. Outside Europe, the picture looks even better with the Russian, Brazilian and Chinese market forecast to grow by 5% and the India market expected to grow by more than 8%.
Buoyed by its successes to date, Groupe Renault continues to grow both sales and market share, and, thanks to its strategy of range renewal and geographical expansion, is well on track to hit its 2017 sales objectives.
For full details on performance, see here.